- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, cubed, plus extra for greasing pan
- 4 ounces unsweetened dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup finely chopped almonds
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon erythritol
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly butter 4-inch springform pan. Using double boiler over medium heat, melt butter and chocolate, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat and add almonds.
- Mix together egg yolks and sweetener. Pour egg mixture into chocolate, stirring well. Add almond extract.
- In large bowel, whip egg whites until firm peaks form. Fold egg whites into chocolate mixture, being careful not to overtax. Pour mixture into springform pan.
- Bake 14-16 minutes, or until cake is firm in center. Remove from oven and cool on cooling rack.
- Cool completely before cutting and serve with fresh berries.